- Virtual Assistant Chat Banking BCA or VIRA is a chat application-based banking service that can be accessed directly by User through their mobile phones or gadgets to obtain information about BCA and promotions offered by BCA as well as to make banking transactions at BCA.
- VIRA User or User means the party that is able to use VIRA. User can be either Customer or Non BCA Customer.
- Customer means person who deposit funds in the form of account with BCA and/or owns other BCA banking facilities.
- Non BCA Customer means person who does not deposit funds in the form of account with BCA or other BCA banking facilities.
- OTP (One Time Password) means a unique passcode generated by BCA’s system and sent in the form of a Short Message Service (SMS) to mobile phone or gadget of the Customer’s choice.
- e-Banking Mobile Phone Number means Customer’s mobile phone number registered with BCA’s system that will be used for e-banking transaction and/or as a means to confirm other BCA banking transactions.
- BCA Card means Paspor BCA card, BCA Prioritas card, and/or BCA Solitaire card.
- Banking Transaction means transactions made by Customer through VIRA, such as balance checking, account transaction checking, credit card information inquiries and other transactions that will be notified by BCA in any form and by any means in accordance with applicable laws.
B. REGISTRATION OF VIRTUAL ASSISTANT CHAT BANKING BCA
- In order to be able to use VIRA services, User must first download chat application from app store or playstore and ensure that User has followed or accessed BCA’s official account.
- User shall ensure BCA account followed or accessed by User is the account registered as the official account in each downloaded chat application.
- In order to perform Banking Transaction, User are required to register with VIRA.
- In order to be able to register with VIRA, User shall own e-Banking Mobile Phone Numbers among others by registering the mobile phone number of the User at BCA’s Automated Teller Machine (ATM) to enable him/her to make banking transactions. Customer shall register and use their own mobile phone number as e-Banking Mobile Phone Number. All consequences arising from the registration of others’ mobile phone number shall be the full responsibility of the Customer and the Customer hereby holds BCA harmless from all kinds of demands, claims, and/or any other legal actions from any parties.
- Upon registration of VIRA in chat applications, prospective User shall, among others:
- read, understand, and agree to the Terms and Conditions for Virtual Assistant Chat Banking PT Bank Central Asia Tbk;
- input BCA Card number which is valid, still active, and not blocked;
- choose e-Banking Mobile Phone Number to be registered with VIRA service for OTP delivery;
- input OTP code.
- e-Banking Mobile Phone Number registered with VIRA must be active and valid.
- User shall be fully responsible for all consequences arising from the truthfulness of the data registered at the time of VIRA registration.
- User shall maintain the security of his/her mobile phone or device (gadget) including maintaining the confidentiality of the password and ensuring that the mobile phone or gadget including the chat applications installed in his/her mobile phone or device (gadget) not to be accessed by any other parties. In addition, User shall take necessary actions to protect mobile phone or device (gadget) from malwares or other threats that can potentially harm the chat application and the data inside the chat application used by the User.
- All consequences and damages arising from User’s negligence in conducting security measures as referred to in point 7 above shall be the full responsibility of the User.
- New User can make Banking Transaction after VIRA registration has been successfully processed.
- By registering with VIRA, the User is subject to and agrees to these Terms and Conditions for Virtual Assistant Chat Banking BCA. BCA has the right to modify the terms and conditions related to VIRA which will be notified by BCA in any form and by any means in accordance with the prevailing laws.
- User shall be responsible for every Banking Transaction they made, including but not limited to any errors in selecting transaction menu. Therefore, User shall follow every instruction in making Banking Transaction. All consequences and damages arising from the errors on the User’s part in making Banking Transaction shall be full responsibility of the User.
- User shall be fully responsible for the use of information, the Customer’s e-Banking Mobile Phone Number, account/user ID on the chat applications, the mobile phone and/or device (gadget) used by the Customer, including in the event of the abuse/misuse of the mobile phone and/or device (gadget), account/user ID, and/or chat applications.
- By using VIRA, User hereby gives approval to BCA to send/forward User’s data and Banking Transaction through third parties (providers of chat applications). BCA does not bear any responsibility for the abuse/misuse and/or leakage of User’s data and Banking Transaction by any other parties, including providers of chat application.
- Customer will be charged the fees for the delivery of Short Message Service (SMS) for every transaction that requires OTP, such as the registration process. The amount of fees charged for the delivery the SMS is in accordance with the amount determined by the cellular operators.
- In the event that the mobile phone and/or device (gadget) with chat application installed in it is stolen or lost, Customer shall immediately contact Halo BCA to block Banking Transaction on VIRA.
- The blocking of Banking Transaction on VIRA as referred to in point 5 above will continue to be conducted by BCA until BCA receives a request to unblock from the Customer. If the notification of the theft or loss of mobile phone and/or device (gadget) have not been received by BCA, then any Banking Transaction made using Customer’s account/user ID are the full responsibility of Customer.
- In the event that the Customer submits a request to unblock VIRA account, BCA will ask Customer to re-register VIRA first so that Customer can use VIRA again.
- BCA has the right to block Banking Transaction on VIRA, refuse transactions, and/or end business relationships with Customer in the event that:
- Customers does not obey the prevailing laws;
- Customer does not fulfil the requirements for the request for information and supporting documents pursuant to the prevailing laws;
- Customer is detected and/or reasonably suspected of using forged documents and/or providing incorrect data to BCA;
- Customer submits doubtful information; and/or
- Customer has a source of transaction funds that is known and/or reasonably suspected come from the proceeds of criminal acts.
- Closure of VIRA can be done by Customer by selecting Tutup Layanan VIRA/Close VIRA Service on the menu available in the Banking Transaction feature. If Customer wants to use VIRA again, Customer is required to re-register VIRA.
- User shall be fully responsible for all consequences and damages arising from the abuse/misuse, violations, and/or crimes related to the use of VIRA including but not limited to damages arising from errors, carelessness, negligence or recklessness of User, and User hereby holds BCA harmless from all damages, claims, lawsuits and/or demands from any parties including User.
D. BANKING TRANSACTION OF VIRTUAL ASSISTANT CHAT BANKING BCA
- Through the Banking Transaction feature, Customer can access information regarding:
- Accounts connected to the BCA Card used for VIRA registration;
- Customer’s BCA Credit Card that has been registered by the Customer with VIRA.
- Customer who has registered BCA Credit Card with VIRA can automatically access BCA Credit Card information service on KlikBCA Individu and m-BCA or vice versa provided that Customer registers for such service by using the same BCA Card used for VIRA registration. If in the future Customer deletes the registration of the BCA Credit Card on VIRA, the said BCA Credit Card will no longer be accessible on KlikBCA Individu and m-BCA, and vice versa.
- Customer can use VIRA to obtain information on Customer’s account data connected to BCA Card used for registration of VIRA by sending certain instructions to BCA via VIRA by following the instructions on VIRA.
- In the event that there are more than 1 (one) account connected to 1 (one) BCA Card, VIRA will display the balance and account statement of each account connected to BCA Card.
- Every instruction from the Customer stored in the BCA data center is the correct data and also the evidence of instruction from Customer to BCA in order to make Banking Transaction, unless Customer can prove otherwise.
- BCA receives and carries out every instruction from the Customer sent via VIRA as a valid instruction. BCA has no obligation to confirm or verify:
- the party who sends instructions to BCA via VIRA.
- the accuracy and completeness of the instructions sent to BCA via VIRA.
Therefore, all instructions received by BCA via VIRA are legally binding on Customer properly.
- For information on exchange rates related to foreign exchange, the rates displayed on VIRA are the e-Rate, TT Counter and banknotes rates that apply at BCA.
- By making a transaction through VIRA service, Customer acknowledges that all communications and instructions from Customer received by BCA will be considered as valid evidence, even though there are no written documents or signed documents issued.
E. BCA CREDIT CARD APPLICATION THROUGH VIRA
- User can apply for a BCA Credit Card through VIRA or through a webview connected to VIRA.
- By applying for a BCA Credit Card through VIRA, the User hereby gives approval to BCA to send/forward the data filled in by the User related to the BCA Credit Card application through other parties (providers of chat application). BCA does not bear any responsibility for the abuse/misuse and/or leakage of BCA Credit Card application data by any other parties, including providers of chat application.
- The User is fully responsible for all consequences arising from the veracity of the data and information provided when applying for a BCA Credit Card through VIRA.
- BCA Credit Card applications will then be analyzed and processed by BCA in accordance with the applicable provisions at BCA. The final decision on the BCA Credit Card application submitted by the User is the sole right of BCA.
F. FORCE MAJEURE
The User hereby holds BCA harmless from all demands, claims, and/or other legal actions of any kind for the delay and/or failure of BCA related to VIRA if the delays and/or failures are caused by events or causes beyond BCA's control and capability including but not limited to natural disasters, fires, wars, riots, sabotages, system disturbances, electricity disturbances, telecommunications disturbances, and government policies.
G. COMPLAINT HANDLING
- Complaints to BCA in connection with VIRA can be submitted by the User to Halo BCA. For the purposes of handling such complaints, BCA has the right to ask User to submit the photocopies of their identifications and other supporting documents.
- BCA will respond to the complaint pursuant to the prevailing laws.
- Any complaints related to the use of the Banking Transaction feature on VIRA must be submitted by the User to BCA no later than 3 (three) months from the date the Banking Transactions were made.
H. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- User agrees that any disputes or disagreements arising from and/or relating to the implementation of these Terms and Conditions for Virtual Assistant Chat Banking BCA will be resolved by deliberation.
- Any disputes or disagreements that cannot be resolved by deliberation between the Parties will be resolved through banking facilitation (fasilitasi perbankan) at Bank Indonesia or the Financial Services Authority or mediation through Alternative Dispute Resolution Agencies listed in the List of Alternative Dispute Resolution Agencies issued by the Financial Services Authority.
- Any disputes or disagreements that cannot be resolved by deliberation, banking facilitation, and/or mediation as referred to in item H.2 above will be resolved through Central Jakarta District Court, without prejudice to BCA's right to file claims or demands through other District Courts within the territory of the Republic of Indonesia.
These Terms and Conditions for Virtual Assistant Chat Banking BCA have been adjusted in compliance with the prevailing laws and regulations, including Regulations of the Financial Services Authority