Be careful! There are many frauds via calls/WhatsApp claiming to be from BCA, and fake BCA advertisements on social media, especially Instagram, offering a program to upgrade to be BCA Prioritas customers! There are also frauds offering BCA credit card applications or switching your card to a chip-based card. These frauds often target your BCA mobile or credit card to rob your money.
What usually happens:
- A phone call or WhatsApp message from a phone number similar to BCA’s official number.
- Ads on social media, especially Instagram, that looks to be posted by BCA’s official accounts .
To be more attractive, they usually mention simple terms and conditions, such as a certain amount of funds in your saving/check/investment accounts and they will offer you free monthly/annual free. In fact, there are already official terms and conditions to be a BCA Prioritas customer.
What to do if you experience this type of fraud
From cases we found, here are some tips that you should know:
- BCA’s official Instagram account is only @GoodlifeBCA. Check all of BCA official social media accounts here.
- The number of Halo BCA is 1500888, without 021, +62, or other number at the beginning. Official BCA WhatsApp is 08111500998 with green checklist. Otherwise, you should be cautious because it is a fraud.
- BCA’s official website is bca.co.id and the Prioritas website is prioritas.bca.co.id and BYC Apps. Otherwise, it is fake.
- Membership for BCA Prioritas can only be used through certain terms and conditions and invitation from BCA. So, if there is someone offering you upgrade service to be a BCA Prioritas customer, it is a fraud.
- Beware of fake links! Do not click them, or even fill in your personal data. BCA never ask customers to fill in their personal data through any medium including internet links.
- Always protect your personal data, such as debit/credit card numbers, PIN, CVV/CVC, OTP, etc. #DatamuRahasiamu.
If you found fake BCA phone number/WhatsApp, immediately report it to Halo BCA at 1500888.
Let’s help BCA to remove those fake numbers and accounts and prevent more victims. Check information regarding fake accounts here.