Lately, there were frauds claiming to be OneKlik.
This type of fraud usually happens in online stores, where fraudsters pretended to be buyers, and the victims were the sellers of the online store.
Fraudsters would pretend to be interested in one of the victim’s items and said the payment would be done via OneKlik. Fraudsters asked for the victim’s ATM card numbers and sent an OTP code via SMS to the victim’s phone. To make it even more convincing, fraudsters sent a screenshot of a “bogus OneKlik” to trick the victim.
In such cases, the fraudster is targeting a particular BCA customer who does not understand how OneKlik works and victims who are unaware when making OneKlik transactions or registration on their BCA mobile. The next thing he knows, the money is gone.
Learn these 3 (three) important things to keep you safe.
- OneKlik is not a money transfer method. Instead, it is a payment method via merchant websites or apps. For example, when you shop at Blibli.com or top-up a Gopay credit, payments are made within the merchant site or app. So, there is no personal transfer method using OneKlik or asking for your ATM card numbers or OTP codes.
- Never share your personal bank data, like ATM card numbers or OTP code, to anyone. Not even to those claiming from official institutions or prospective online buyers. You must keep your ATM card numbers, OTP code, m-BCA access code, and m-BCA PIN to yourself, do not share them to anyone for any reason. If you had never made any payment and someone suddenly came to ask for your personal data, you can be sure that it is a scam.
- OneKlik has improved its service features to ensure the convenience and safety of your transactions.
- OneKlik merchant activation on the website no longer requires the OTP code sent via SMS, but directly via BCA mobile. You need to login to BCA mobile to confirm the OneKlik account registration. So, be cautious if you receive a OneKlik registration activation link on the merchant app.
- You can manage the daily transaction limit in all OneKlik merchant through BCA mobile. Login to BCA mobile, open the m-Admin feature, click Atur OneKlik, open the active account, and choose Atur Limit (maximum limit is Rp3.000.000 per day).
- You can temporarily block, unblock, or delete your OnkeKlik active account in BCA mobile. Login to BCA mobile, open m-Admin feature, choose Atur OneKlik, choose the account you wish to temporarily block or delete. Same goes when you want to unblock it.
Setting up OneKlik using BCA mobile on your smartphone is a piece of cake. Use OneKlik for a better shopping experience with only one click from merchants’ websites or apps, and set your OneKlik account using mobile BCA. #DatamuRahasiamu