There are many ways to deal with an ATM card got stuck in an ATM machine. These include contacting the bank’s call centre, visiting the bank’s customer service, and blocking the stuck ATM card via smartphone.
Stuck ATM card is not a difficult problem to solve, even though it is still a common problem faced by the public. Stuck ATM cards can be caused by delays in withdrawing the card when you have finished making transactions at the ATM, which will automatically swallow the card after a certain period of time.
If you ATM card is stuck, you can still make transactions through myBCA or BCA mobile, such as cash withdrawals without a card through the Cardless menu. If your card is stuck during a transaction at an ATM machine located near or at a bank branch office, then you can immediately report to the bank officer. However, what happens if the card is stuck when making a transaction through an ATM machine that is far from the branch office?
According to the official website of the Financial Services Authority (OJK), if your ATM card is stuck or you find out that your ATM card is lost, here’s what you need to do:
- Stay calm and immediately call the official call center of the issuing bank of your ATM card. Make sure that the call center number is correct to avoid fraud.
- Report the stuck ATM card within a maximum period of 1 x 24 hours for immediate blocking of the ATM card. This is to prevent your ATM card from being misused by malicious party.
- Note down the location and address of the ATM machine where your card was stuck.
- Make a note of the time you blocked your ATM card and the name of the bank officer who blocked your card. The aim is to be alerted if any financial transactions are found after the blocking request.
- If you do not immediately contact the issuing bank, all transactions that occur after the ATM card is stuck of the ATM card is lost will be the sole responsibility of the cardholder.
- Make a lost item report from the police in case the issuing bank needs it.
- Finally, you can request a new ATM card at the nearest bank branch office by bringing the required documents.
How to Block a BCA ATM Card
If your BCA ATM card has been stuck, you should immediately block your ATM card for safety reasons. Please note, after blocking the card, you will not be able to perform financial transactions through myBCA, BCA mobile, or other BCA e-channels. Therefore, immediately replace the card after blocking it so that you can continue making transactions.
Find out how to block your card below:
Issuance of a new BCA ATM card
Once the stuck ATM card has been blocked, you can immediately come to the nearest BCA branch office to file a lost or stuck BCA ATM card and make a new one. The steps are as follows:
- Bring your document such as KTP (for Indonesian citizen) or Passport (for foreign nationals)
- Get a queue number from the officer
- Apply for a new BCA ATM card to the Customer Service Officer
- The new BCA ATM card has been successfully made
Or you can also look for the nearest CS Digital. Here, you can print your BCA ATM card independently without having to come to a BCA branch office. Here are the steps:
- Find and visit the nearest CS Digital
- On the CS Digital screen, select the Kartu menu and choose Ganti Kartu
- Tap on your e-KTP.
- You will be prompted to verify your fingerprints in the space provided
- Enter your account number
- Select the instant card
For more information, you can immediately contact Halo BCA at 1500888 or BCA social media such as the official BCA Twitter and Instagram