Dear KlikBCA Users,
Let’s make your KlikBCA account safer. Always keep your personal bank data to yourself and yourself only. Recently, a fraudster had taken the advantage of one customer’s complacency and misused his KlikBCA account.
How did that happen and what are the tips to avoid such scams? Let’s find out.
- the fraudster, claiming from BCA, called the victim
- the fraudster successfully manipulated the victim to follow his lead. There were two ways:
- scaring the victim by saying there was a suspicious transaction
- tempting the victim by offering free admin fee, prizes, and other benefits
- the fraudster guided the victim to get into a malicious link
- the fraudster asked the victim to share his personal data, such as User ID, PIN and Respon APPLI on the KeyBCA (APPLI 1/2)
- the fraudster eventually got the access to the victim’s finansial KlikBCAS and misused it
Tips on how to avoid such fraud:
- beware of fake accounts or numbers! You need to always remember BCA’s official contacts:
- Halo BCA 1500888, no 021, +62, or any prefix (better not save the number so you can still see the number on the phone screen for any incoming call)
- BCA WhatsApp at 08111500998 (with green check mark)
- Halo BCA email at email@example.com
- Halo BCA webchat at bca.co.id
- BCA Twitter @HaloBCA (with blue check mark)
- Check all BCA official social media accounts here.
- beware of fraudster’s manipulative guides
- never click any suspicious link asking for your personal data. BCA never asks for customers’ personal data in any way, including through fake links
- protect your personal data, including KlikBCA PIN, Respon APPLI on KeyBCA, debit card numbers, OTP, and many others #DatamuRahasiamu
- use BCA’s official e-channel for any transaction using KlikBCA accessible via https://www.klikbca.com/
If you experienced such a scam, call Halo BCA 1500888 immediately. Be smart about existing scam methods. Protect yourself and your personal data.
To find out more on various scam methods, visit www.bca.co.id/awasmodus. #CariTahuBiarAman