To merchants who have BCA EDC machines or who are in need of a BCA EDC right now, be very careful of the latest method of fraud.
The method is to get customer’s money and personal data through an offer to upgrade BCA EDC machine
Prospective victims of this type of fraud are store/BCA EDC machine owners. Fraudsters would claim to be someone from Direct Sales Merchant BCA or BCA EDC machine technicians to trick the victims.
Fraudsters would persuade you to give them the EDC machine for the reason of “updating the EDC machine”.
When they got the machine from you, they would be selling it to other parties through unofficial channels, such as social media accounts or certain links.
Fraudsters might also claim to be from Direct Sales Merchant BCA to offer you a BCA EDC machine.
In doing their crimes, fraudsters would ask for some amount of money as an administration fee to process the EDC machine and, sometimes, ask for customers’ personal data, such as ATM card numbers and PIN.
Tips to avoid the BCA EDC machine upgrade scam
- Call the hotline at 1500788 if you meet someone claiming to be a BCA employee/direct salesperson offering an upgrade/EDC machine technician.
- Do not give your personal data to anyone, including passwords, PIN, one-time password (OTP), to anyone claiming to be BCA employees.
Tips to avoid the BCA EDC machine offer scam
- Do not trust any social media account/suspicious link from someone claiming to be coming from BCA offering an EDC machine.
- Do not give any money to those people for suspicious reasons such as to process your EDC machine.
- Do not give your personal data to anyone, such as passwords, PIN, one-time password (OTP), CVV (3 last digits in the back of credit cards), not even share them to people claiming as BCA employees when making a request for EDC machine.
You can refresh your OTP and CVV here by giving an illustration of the OTP and CVV locations.
What if you have already become the victim?
If your EDC machine was already stolen or you already bought the stolen EDC machine from fraudsters:
- Call the hotline at 1500788 if your EDC machine was already being stolen or taken by fraudsters.
- Call the hotline at 1500888 if you already bought the stolen EDC machine from fraudsters.
Here are the official channels to buy BCA EDC machines:
- BCA branches
- Direct Sales vendors*
- Hotline service (1500788)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website bca.co.id https://www.bca.co.id/id/Bisnis/Produk-dan-Layanan/E-Banking/edc
*BCA’s official Direct Sales Merchant have the Direct Sales logo affiliated with BCA, ID Card Direct Sales, uniforms, and work papers. To make sure they are our official personnel, call the hotline at 1500788.
To know more about BCA EDC, check it here
Beware of this illegal EDC fraud modus. Learn more to avoid any type of frauds here www.bca.co.id/awasmodus