Jakarta, March 29th, 2021 – PT Bank Central Asia Tbk ("the Company") holds the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders ("AGMS") today on the 19th Floor of BCA Tower, Grand Indonesia, at Jalan MH Thamrin No. 1 Jakarta 10310. The meeting is carried out responsibly in compliance with the World Health Organization's (WHO) Health Protocols while adhering to the government's COVID-19 instructions.
The AGMS has made several decisions on the following matters:
- The AGMS approves the Annual Report, including the Company’s Financial Statement and the Board of Commissioners Supervisory Report. With the approval, the AGMS grants full release and discharge of responsibility (acquit et de charge) to members of Board of Directors for their actions related to the management of the Company and the Board of Commissioners of the Company for their actions related to the supervision of the Company performed in the financial year ending on December 31st, 2020
- In regards to the Company’s 2020 financial year Net Profit of Rp27.1 trillion, the AGMS approves its appropriation to be distributed as cash dividends of Rp530.- per share or 48% from the total of Net Profit for financial year 2020. The cash dividends includes interim dividends of Rp98.- per share, previously distributed on December 22nd, 2020.
- THE AGMS approves term of office expiration of the Board of Commissioners and Directors who previously served, and:
- Reappointment of the Board of Commissioners and Directors, with their term of office starting from the closing of this AGMS up to the closing of AGMS to be held in 2026, with the following details:
Board of Commissioners:
President Commissioner : Djohan Emir Setijoso
Commissioner : Tonny Kusnadi
Independent Commissioner : Cyrillus Harinowo
Independent Commissioner : Raden Pardede
Independent Commissioner : Sumantri Slamet
President Director : Jahja Setiaatmadja
Deputy President Director : Armand Wahyudi Hartono
Directors : Tan Ho Hien/Subur atau Subur Tan
Directors : Rudy Susanto
Directors : Santoso
Directors : Lianawaty Suwono
Directors : Vera Eve Lim
(concurrently Director of Compliance) : Haryanto Tiara Budiman
Director : Gregory Hendra Lembong
- Reappointment of Mr. Suwignyo Budiman as Deputy President Director, starting from the closing of this AGMS up to the appointment of his successor in AGMS to be held in 2022 and at the time his successor effectively serves;
- Appointment of Mr. John Kosasih as Director and authorizing the Board of Directors to determine the effective date of the appointment following approval of the Financial Service Authority, with a term of office up to the closing of the AGMS to be held in 2026;
- Appointment of Mr. Frengky Chandra Kusuma as Director, to be effective on the first workday of the following month, following approval of the Financial Service Authority, with a term of office up to the closing of the AGMS to be held in 2026;
- The AGMS grants power to determine salary or honorarium, allowances, and/or facilities for the 2021 financial year, and bonus payments (tantieme) for the 2020 financial year, which the Company will pay to the the Board of Directors and the Board of Commissioners.
- The AGMS appoints the Tanudiredja, Wibisana, Rintis & Partners Public Accountant Firm (a member of the PwC Global network) to audit/examine the Company's books and records for the financial year ending 31 December 2021.
- The AGMS grants power and authority to the Board of Directors, with the approval of the Board of Commissioners, to determine and pay interim dividends for the 2021 financial year, if the Company's financial condition allows, while considering the applicable laws and regulations.
- The AGMS approves the Company’s Recovery Plan.
In this AGMS, BCA expresses its highest appreciation to Mr. Henry Koenaifi and Mr. Erwan Yuris Ang for their dedication to serving as Director of the Company in the previous period.
The appointment of Mr. John Kosasih and Mr. Frengky Chandra Kusuma as new members of the Board of Directors aims to complement BCA’s management capability in developing the Company's business amidst intense competition and facing future business dynamics.
BCA 2021 AGMS – BCA’s President Commissioner Djohan Emir Setijoso (fourth from left) and President Director Jahja Setiaatmadja (third from left), along with the Board of Commissioners and Board of Directors in the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGMS), held in Jakarta, on Monday, March 29th. The AGMS approves the appropriation of the Company’s 2020 financial year net profit Rp27.1 trillion to be distributed as cash dividends of Rp530.- per share. This cash dividends includes interim dividend of Rp98.- per share, previously distributed on December 22nd, 2020. Dividend distribution is 48% of the 2020 financial year net profit.
BCA’s 2021 AGMS – The AGMS appoints John Kosasih and Frengky Chandra Kusuma as Directors to complement BCA’s management capability in developing the Company's business amidst intense competition and facing future business dynamics. The bank also expresses its highest appreciation to Mr. Henry Koenaifi and Mr. Erwan Yuris Ang for their dedication serving as Director of the Company in the previous period.
About PT Bank Central Asia Tbk (Desember 31st, 2020)
BCA is one of the leading commercial banks in Indonesia, focusing on banking transaction business while providing loan services and financial solutions to various clients, from corporate, commercial, SMEs, to consumer segments. As of December 2020, BCA served 25 million customer accounts, processing 32 million transactions every day through its 1,248 branch offices and 17,928 ATMs while operating its 24-hour internet and mobile banking system, including its Halo BCA contact center. BCA is supported by subsidiaries providing vehicle loans, Islamic banking, securities, general and life insurance, digital banking, money transfer, and venture capital services. BCA is committed to building long-term relationships with customers, prioritizing common interests, and positively impacting the community. With more than 24,000 employees, BCA aims to become the first choice, a bank that people can rely on while becoming an essential pillar for the Indonesian economy.
For further information, may contact:
PT BANK CENTRAL ASIA TBK
Corporate Secretariat and Communication Division Corporate Communication Sub Division
Public Relations Bureau
Address : Jl. MH Thamrin No. 1
Menara BCA Grand Indonesia Lt. 20 Jakarta Pusat 10310
Telephone : (021) 2358-8000
Fax : (021) 2358-8339
E-mail : email@example.com